The Build Team

The Build Team
Me and My Master Mechanic Sean

April 18, 2008 Day 5 (The Driveline Comes Together)

Today Sean and I started on bringing the driveline together. We started by installing stator and the 32 amp charging system, including the voltage regulator and inner primary which connects the engine and transmission together.
Sean started by assembling the engine side drive belt gear, while I started to line up the tranny and engine. At this point things are going pretty well, and if you are wondering what happened to Mr. Assembly? Well,
after having to beat the swing arm bearings in, and other documented issues, he has been demoted to 3rd string for information. I was able to get the engine and transmission lined up and the inner primary installed with no issues. This is a good time to mention that the left rear engine bolt cannot be tightened while the inner primary is installed, so you must get everything lined up, the remove the primary, and then tighten everything up. In my case it took me several attempts before I was happy that there was no binding when the primary was finally installed.

No comments: